ABOUT THE Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries.
The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation are awarding 5 postgraduate bursaries to deserving students, pursuing their studies towards one of the following qualifications:
- BScHons Bursary
- MSc Bursary
- MSc Bursary Renewal
- PhD Bursary
- PhD Bursary Renewal
Masters students will receive 2 years of bursary support, whereas PhD students will receive 3 years of bursary support (unless yours is an exceptional circumstance).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned postgraduate qualifications
- NOT employed full-time
- Achieved a minimum overall mark of 60%
- *For BScHons, preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries
Download and complete the relevant PRF application form:
- PRF Bursary Application Form (BScHons) (.pdf)
- PRF Bursary Application Form (MSc) (.pdf)
- PRF Bursary Application Form (MSc Renewal) (.pdf)
- PRF Bursary Application Form (PhD) (.pdf)
- PRF Bursary Application Form (PhD Renewal) (.pdf)
You may be requested to submit certain supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Proof of permanent residency if not a South African citizen (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record
- Full scope of your proposed research project
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “PRF Bursary Application – BScHons/ MSc/ MSc Renewal/ PhD/ PhD Renewal” in the email subject line).
Each bursary has 2 closing dates each year:
28 February 2020.
15 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the PRF directly:
Poliomyelitis Research Foundation
Contact Person: Mrs Irma Latsky
Tel: 011 555 0395
Scientific Advisory Panel of the PRF
C/O the National Institute for Communicable Diseases
Private Bag X4