Department of Health
- Reference Number :
- Directorate :
Administration and Support Services
- Number of Posts :
- Package :
• Package: R261 372.00 – R307 890.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries :
Ms. A. van As Tel. No. (011) 644 8917 or Mr. ML. Mlangeni (011) 644 8968
- • Relevant IT Diploma/ degree / relevant IT certification with more than 2 years IT-related experience or Grade 12 plus relevant IT certificate / A+ / N+ with 5 years experience working in the Public Service IT environment. Knowledge of the Public Service Transversal systems (BAS, PERSONAL, SAP, SRM, etc. Knowledge of public service legislation, policies, and procedures related to ICT. Good verbal and writing communication skills plus report writing. Good problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to work under pressure, client orientation and customer focus, and ability to handle and manage confidential information. Computer literacy. Valid driver’s license.
- • Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standards business and administrative packages. Install assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure, and peripherals, such as cables and printers. Maintain departmental local area network. Create web documents as required and assist the department with web-related technology issues and web maintenance. Perform daily monitoring and control of network-managed elements. Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data. Perform first-level network operations support. Responsible for the standard line support to ensure minimum disruption to network connectivity. Analyze and monitor the ICT connectivity environment. Advice on technical changes in the ICT environment. Liaise between management and users. Manage any virus threats. Manage and maintain all computer equipment at the institution. Provide first-line technical support and maintain WAN / LAN and desktops for all campus users. Minimize service disruption by operating, supporting, and maintaining day-to-day operational issues of the institution. Attend to user complaints. Install and update the software on all systems. Ensure that all backups are done monthly.
• Manage telecommunications /telephone management system. Any other duties delegated by supervisor. Responsible for supervision of subordinates.
- • Application must be submitted on a new Z83 form, available on the DPSA website completed in full, and accompanied by a recently updated CV. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents when applying. Only short-listed candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of documentation. Using the incorrect application form (Z83), applications will be disqualified. The successful candidate will be subjected to Pre-employment medical surveillance, security screening, and a vetting process. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. It is the candidate’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.
• No hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
• For assistance with online applications please enquire at E- Recruitment@gauteng.gov.za. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The campus has the right not to appoint.
If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful, due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving.
Department of Health
Ann Latsky Campus
Closing Date :
|Do you have relevant IT Diploma/ degree / relevant IT certification with more than 2 years IT related experience?|
|Grade 12 plus relevant IT certificate / A+ / N+ with 5 years of experience working in the Public Service IT environment?|
|Are you computer literate?|
|Do you have a valid Driver’s License?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you
do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job please visit professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za.