Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary 2021-2022
About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. This is done through the establishment of learnerships, internships, bursaries and career guidance programmes. The Gauteng youth, business sectors and Gauteng government employees are the major beneficiaries of the GCRA.
The GCRA has developed an Unemployment database in order to identify participants for development programs. The employment opportunities will come from Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies and the private sectors. Interviews, as well as other application procedures and results, will be used as a basis for program selection.
GCRA Bursaries 2021
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is inviting all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng. The GCRA bursary programme is open to all qualifying youth, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate programme at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa.
GCRA bursary covers the full cost of study, with conditions, as stipulated in the bursary contract.
GCRA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- A South African citizen
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- Students studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
The following students automatically qualify but must complete the application forms
- Top Achievers from Gauteng schools
- Top 3 learners from No-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learners from Learners with Special Education Needs (LSEN) schools in Gauteng
How to Apply and Application Details
CRA bursary online application is available for the applicants at https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply for the bursary online.
Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate (not more than three months) and results if doing a semester course.
- Certified copy of Identity Document (not more than three months)
- Acceptance letter from Institution
- Proof of address (either a Water and Electricity bill, stamped ward councilors letter or in case of rural areas a recognized letter from traditional authority)
- Motivation letter (Indicating why they require and deserve financial assistance)
- Proof of parents financial standing if employed (both parents salary advices). Affidavits will be required for the following:
- If single parented
- Unemployed parents
- Guardianship – an affidavit and proof of guardianship
- Orphans – include death certificates
- Applicants whose surnames are different from parents and/or guardians
31 March 2021 .
For any queries related to this GCRA bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly:
Tel: 0800 000 789 or 011 355 0000
Address: 17 Simmonds Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2000