Investec CSI Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INVESTEC
Investec, founded in 1974 by 3 co-founders, namely Ian Kantor; Errol Grolman and Larry Nestadt, is a global asset management and specialist banking group. The company serves a client base across 3 countries (South Africa; Australia and the United Kingdom) with various financial products and services.
Investec, listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the LSE (London Stock Exchange), employs over 9000 staff members worldwide. The company has banking operations in the United States; Canada; Switzerland; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Guernsey; Jersey; Botswana; Namibia and Mauritius
The banks services include: Investment Banking; Private Banking; and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Investec will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (undergraduate degree qualification):
- Business Economics
- Commercial LLB
- Business Science
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Information Technology (BSc/ BIT-Bachelors)
- Information Science (BIS-Bachelors)
- Informatics (BCom)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport (a maximum of 4 bus trips home per year) and a personal computer.
Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email by 21 December 2020. If you have not received any correspondence by 15 January 2021, please contact StudyTrust.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University in South Africa
- Current tertiary students: must be in their 1st year of study
- Current Matric students and those who have completed Matric: must have achieved a minimum result of 50% in all their subjects, 70% in Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy) and 70% in English
- Strong academic potential
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the Investec CSI Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: email@example.com / applications@StudyTrust.org.za