akealot Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TAKEALOT
Takealot.com was launched in 2011 after it acquired Take2, an existing ecommerce business owned by Tiger Global Management and Kim Reid. Now Takealot is South Africa’s top ecommerce retailer, providing online shoppers with over 21 departments of products, including appliances; baby products; kids toys; beauty; fashion and accessories; books; electronics; office and stationery; home and garden; travel and outdoor and so much more.
With warehouses across the country in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban, the companies mission is to be the biggest, simplest and most customer-centric ecommerce store across the African continent.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Takealot will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport (a maximum of 4 bus trips home per year) and a a personal computer.
Students are required to undertake vacation work at Takealot during holidays and must work at the company once they have graduated.
Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email by 21 December 2020. If you have not received any correspondence by 15 January 2021, please contact StudyTrust.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Strong academic potential
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- In your final year of undergraduate studies OR Honours year of study
- Studying at a recognised public University within South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in your undergraduate degree and in your most recent exams
- Willing and able to work at Takealot during holidays and once graduated
- Possess the following personal qualities: ambitious, entrepreneurial, smart, customer-centric, dynamic, fun
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the StudyTrust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / applications@StudyTrust.org.za