FAME Academy SA Bursaries South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FAME ACADEMY SA
The FAME Academy SA, established in 2017, is the first School of Creative Arts in Limpopo province, as well as a first-of-its-kind in South Africa. The Academy offers accredited higher education courses and plans to role out in all major cities in SA (including Cape Town, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth, Durban and more).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMMES – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
FAME Academy SA will be awarding the following bursaries for 2021:
- 2 x Performing Arts bursaries for children between 4 and 16 years old (including Acting, Drama, Dance, Singing, Theatre, Choreography, Instrument Specialist, Modelling, Deejaying)
- 2 x Performing Arts bursaries for adults between 18 and 35 years old (including Acting, Drama, Dance, Singing, Theatre, Choreography, Instrument Specialist, Modelling, Deejaying)
- 2 x Fashion Design bursaries
- 2 x TV Production and Presenting bursaries
- 2 x Radio Production and Presenting bursaries
All bursaries are for 1 year of full-time studies, except for Radio and TV Production which covers 18 months of studies. All bursaries are valued at R37,000 each.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Speak any of the 11 official South African languages
- In possession of a Matric certificate
- Performing Arts children bursary: between 4 and 16 years old
- Performing Arts adults bursary, Fashion Design bursary, TV Production bursary, Radio Production bursary: between 18 and 35 years old
- Will start studies at FAME Academy SA in 2021
Please download and read the Fame Academy SA Prospectus (.pdf) before applying.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
To apply, applicants must create a short video of yourself doing something related to your course of interest.
Make sure you follow these steps:
1) Start the video by stating your name, age, where you come from.
2) The video must be a maximum of 1 minute long.
3) Upload the video to social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram or Twitter)
4) Use these 2 hashtags when posting your video: #fameacademysabursaryauditions and #creatingtomorrowslegends
5) Tag the FAME Academy SA social media pages (Facebook: FAMEAcademyZA, Instagram: fameacademysa, Twitter: FAMEAcademySA1)
6) Ask your friends and family to SHARE your video.
Applicants may sing their favourite song or imitate their favourite artist (singer, actor, model, dancer, deejay etc).
Please note that auditions are online only – do not email your applications as they will not be accepted.
All videos will be reviewed by the FAME Academy SA team and winners will be announced on social media on 23 September 2020.
20 September 2020 (at midnight).
(Applications open on 1 September 2020).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact FAME Academy SA directly:
Tel: 015 007 1054
Whatsapp: 076 612 9987