List of newly updated bursaries
- What is a bursary in south africa?
- Ndwedwe Local Municipality Bursary 2024
- KZN COGTA Bursary 2024
- Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary 2024
- Black Mountain Study Trust Bursary 2024
- Sanlam Information Technology (IT) Bursary 2024
- Assmang Manganese Bursary 2024
- NSFAS APPLICATION NOW OPEN FOR 2024
- x100 NEW VACANCIES AT JOBURG MARKET
We have a comprehensive guide for all available top and latest open bursaries in South Africa for 2024 and our team will continue to add more bursary programmes each and every week.
One of the biggest investments you can make is in your education. Whether you are in your last year of school and considering going to University, a current student struggling to continue paying for education, or a strong academic history, a bursary or scholarship could be a great option for you.
Bursaries and Scholarships are one of the best ways to finance your studies and achieve goals in higher education without having to spend a large amount of money. It reduces the cost of postgraduate studies and debt liability because they don’t have to be repaid.
If you do not fully understand what a bursary is and how to get one, the following information will help guide you through the process.
What Is A Bursary?
A Bursary is a sum of money that is awarded to enable someone to study at a university or college. A lot of organisations, government or corporate, offer bursaries to study at university and will cover the costs of full tuition fees. Sometimes the bursary will also cover additional costs involved in studying such as textbooks, laptop, living allowance for meals and accommodation.
Often the organisation providing the bursary will require that the individual (bursar) completes work or a training program for that organisation after completing their studies. This is beneficial for both the bursar and the organisation as the bursar is provided with employment after completing their course and the organisation has a well-trained and educated member to join their team.
What is the difference between a scholarship and a bursary ?
How To Find A Bursary In South Africa For 2024 To Finance Your Study?
People often talk about safety in numbers. There is no limitation on the number of bursaries you can apply for. So it is recommended to complete as many bursary applications as possible in the field of study you are interested in and where you meet the bursary requirements.
You can use our website to find all available bursaries listings. You can search any available bursary listing online by searching by field of study or by the name of the organisation or companies which are offering the bursary or scholarship. Or you can click on the following categories to find your bursary programmes:
Field of study to choose bursaries for 2024 from
- Music and Arts
- Education & Teaching
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Medical & Nursing
- SASSA Status Check
How To Apply For Bursaries In South Africa?
Qualifying For A Bursary You Need the following
Each bursary will often have a set of different requirements to qualify, often this will depend on what the organisation/company is looking for in its bursar. Eligibility requirements often found on application forms are:
- You have to be a South African citizen (or South African permanent resident)
- You have a strong academic history (some bursaries require good grades in certain subjects – e.g. Maths/Science/Languages)
- You have currently been studying or intend to study within a specific field of study which is suitable for the bursary program
- You have currently been studying or you have applied to study at a recognized institution in South Africa
- You have a proven financial need (often by submitting proof of household income)
Applicants must ensure they meet all of the eligibility requirements for the Bursary to be considered.
The Application Process for
The application process is usually straightforward and well-explained. Once you know which field of study it is you are looking for, you can begin completing the online bursary application forms. For each of the SA bursaries we have listed on the site, there will be a list of steps on what is required to complete the application form.
- First, make sure you fulfill the bursary eligibility requirements.
- Ensure you have all the information and documentation to complete the application form.
- Use the bursary online application form (if available) or download a copy of the form to complete and submit.
If you still have questions regarding the application process, please either provide a comment on the page itself or we have provided contact details where you can obtain further information or ask questions to the organisation or company directly.
List Of Available Bursaries For Undergraduate Graduate Students 2024
All Bursaries South Africa has the latest online list of bursaries that are still open for application in 2024. You can find different bursaries by looking at the different fields of study. Along with providing details on the organisation/company providing the bursary, we also provide links to the bursary online application form and tips on how to best complete the application forms.
You will be able to find all the available bursary information listed here, including; general, accounting, agricultural, commerce, construction, computer science, engineering, government sectors, journalism, law, music and performing arts, medical science, nursing, education, bursaries for teaching and many more fields of study.
Please do ask any questions in the comments section of each bursary programme and we will look to get back to you as soon as possible.